Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let's talk about death challenge: Day 18

Photo: Year 2, Day 18, let's talk about death:

Besides the overwhelming sadness and grief, what was the funeral or memorial service like?  I will begin by saying that, for me, I felt out of body. Everything was slow motion. It didn't seem real (for a very very long time). I felt like I was in someone else's movie-life. It was simultaneously horrifying and unbelievable. I wonder about your experiences?

Eva's funeral was amazing. I was able to lift my arms in worship to God. I felt God touch me, literally. He gave me the strength to walk on stage and read a poem and say something. It was all about Eva.

I loved her funeral, except that I hated it.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, isn't that is the truth! I ask myself, how can something so horrible be so beautiful and comforting? I've been confused by how lovely the memorial service was when it was such a crushing thing to have to do...

    ReplyDelete